Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama nation

IMG_0377

I got chills!

IMG_0393

Yes, we can.

IMG_0407

No I wasn’t there, these pics are from my television.  Anyways…onto the food!

IMG_0329

What better way to start off the day than with a warm frothy coffee and french toast.

 IMG_0339

I used egg beaters, vanilla silk and cinnamon with ww bread, and then CAKED on the earth balance.  Seriously, I went overboard with the EB…

IMG_0298

I know it’s vegan and all, but I’m not sure that’s an acceptable excuse to add as much as I do to my food. 

IMG_0335

I also had a blueberry o’soy.  Loves it.

For lunch I had an Amy’s black bean burrito.  My local health market FINALLY started carrying Amy’s products so on my last grocery trip I went on a may-jah shopping spree.

IMG_0325

This was my first Amy’s burrito (!!!), and after seeing them praised on various food blogs, I was SUPER excited to try this one. 

IMG_0326

YUM!!!!!!!  I put some plain greek yogurt on top (as a non-sour cream topping) and it was SO good.  I can already tell these are definitely going to be a new obsession.  It was the perfect combo of black beans and veggies and spicy enough to give it flavor without overpowering it.  I really hope my local store keeps stocking their Amy’s products because I’m in love. 

IMG_0358

And a few grape clusters to wash things down.

Gym time!!

7 comments:

  1. What do you mean, just because it's vegan it's not "an acceptable excuse to add as much as I do to my food." Of course it is! Because if it isn't, then that means I'm in denial of my denial. We can't have that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove that burrito! Definite yums in my book :)

    Aw girl - I got a little misty eyed at Obama today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay- so foam is my LOOOOVE in life...what do you use to make your own frothiness!?? I pout like whoa if they don't put it on at starbucks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. caroline - don't i know it! foam almost makes waking up so early worth it. i use the caffe froth by "bonjour" and i would TOTALLY recommend it. i couldn't find my first blog entry when i got it (back in early oct), but heres another one - in which i practice my amazing frothing technique:

    http://www.hungryhungryhippie.com/2008/11/not-just-same-old-salad.html

    k - amy's burritos are entering obsession-ville

    andrea - healthy is a relative term, but i think earth balance definitely falls into that category, quantity aside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try Earth Balance! -lol-

    ReplyDelete
  6. GRAAAAAAPES!!! Ahh, one of life's simple pleasures :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. EB is some good stuff.

    Your frothy coffee looks amazingly yummy! What machine do you use to make it so frothy?

    ReplyDelete