Friday, June 5, 2009

Rain on my parade

I love summer Fridays because Kyle has half days…that said, it’s useless when the weather is this crappy.

Nothing but gray skies and pitter patter all day long.  Boo hoo.

IMG_2643

Coffee – check!

Kyle was a little noisy this morning, so I was up early (read: too early)…which is why coffee was froth-ified and breakfast was on the GRANDE side (as far as AM eating goes).

IMG_2692

I was craving fruit in a may-jerrrrrr way, so in addition to the plate heaped with pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, and grapes, I had a blueberry Chobz with raisins.

IMG_2699

Hit.the.spot.

IMG_2693

The bright and cheery fruit even made me forget that it wasn’t sunny outside (for a few seconds at least…).

Breakfast – check!

I still wasn’t all that awake, so I continued to veg on the couch (rough life).  It’s hard to be motivated when you are perfectly comfortable watching the hotness that is Bradley and Anderson Cooper in your PJs. 

I didn’t fight it too hard…I read blogs and the time flew by.  Before I knew it, my tummy was ready for lunch.  It was only 11!  Uh. Ok.  Sure, why not!?

IMG_2730

Vegan “cheese” (veggie slices) and avocado sammie. 

IMG_2731

T’was perfecto!  But lacking in the hummus department

IMG_2838

Never fear, I remedied the sitch, and all was right in the world again :) 

You guys were right, my extra $ from my Kombucha-free Thursday went directly to my Sabra fund.

IMG_2841

My grubbing continued into the early afternoon, with more hummus and veggies. 

IMG_2832

As well as some raw animal hide dried mango and dried papaya.

Finally, I got my butt in gear and made my way to the gym. 

Lazy pants that I was, I grabbed a magazine on the way (I knew no amount of trashy TV was going to hold me for a decent workout, so as per Caroline’s suggestion, I grabbed the latest Newsweek.

The article on Oprah only reinforced my feelings about her.  I know a lot of peeps love her, so rather than go on a rant about her lack of research and mindless endorsements, I’ll let you read it for yourself.  Testimonials are great and all, but science is science, and fact is fact.

IMG_2840

Even though it was still pouring when I left the gym, I knew I couldn’t POSSIBLY survive another night without re-stocking a few key supplies. 

My latest obsessions were dangerously low, and that’s not okay in the HHH household!  I decided to try a new flavor Kombucha (above) after my shower…and since I was at it, I sampled a few sesame oat bran sticks too (below).

IMG_2835

Sesame Oat Bran Sticks = LOVE.

I also picked up a few more newbies (I’ve given up on trying to reform my grocery shopping addiction).

IMG_2839

I know they aren’t Sabra, but they were just so cute.

Kyle and I snuggled up to watch It’s Always Sunny, while I did some more afternoon snacking tried not to fall asleep.  I have NO CLUE why I was so tired, but I literally couldn’t keep my eyes open for the life of me.  I hate napping because it only makes it harder for my at night (TWSS)…so I went with the next best thing (toasty hot english muffin with hummus).

IMG_2842

That’s the badger!!

(Sorry for the wanker terms, but my fiancé works for a Brit company, so sometimes they slip out).

You would think all this nibbling would have ruined my appetite for dinner.  But you’d be wrong.  :D

IMG_2843

This was WAY too big.  All I freakin’ wanted were the sesame crispers on top, and somehow I ended up with a 10 lb. salad!  Don’t get me wrong, it was out-of-this-world delish, and in the end, I was definitely satisfied – so it was probably better that I had a more balanced meal (as opposed to a tub of salty sticks).

IMG_2831

Strawbeezies for deezer!  I sprinkled cinn/stevia on top after the pic, and it was DE-vine!

IMG_2729

Plus a few dried pineapple rings :)  My sweet tooth CAN’T be stopped.

Bed time – this is my work weekend kiddos, so enjoy the time off for me.

15 comments:

  1. I love tribe hummus! Then again, I haven't seen sabras around here so maybe I am just missing out! Cinnamon and strawberries? Sounds like an awesome combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm also addicted to sabra hummus :)sadly i'm allergic to avocados, but that sammie looked good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i read your blog i want fruit.
    oh and hummus..

    uhhh i saw the sesame sticks at WF tonight and thought of you. weird? maybe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sell mini sabras in 12-packs at Costco, FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I just really just flip my laptop 90 degrees to read that your sabra was only $2.99???? WHAT?! I bought a tub for $5 today! Damn California and their skeevy prices on hummus!

    I had a dream that I ate a whole bag of sesame sticks.. maybe that is a sign I should go buy some? But then again, I don't want to eat the whole bag and look even more bloated than I already am (I'm currently lying on the floor with a heating pad, fyi. TMI)

    Heart chu FBOOK FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey im new just wanted to say hey! I used to have dried fruit all the time but since trying to cut back on money i cant get them but i might make an exception i miss my papaya, mango,pineapple mix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, your food = amazing. And the rain is ridic. It better clear up in the am...grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was definitely ahhhing over Anderson Cooper yesterday - what a man! Oh THANK GOODNESS you got your hummus stash! I was worried!!

    I'm not much of an Oprah girl either and what sealed the deal was her vegan 'diet'. Grrrr! Gluck with work!! Save some lives or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sabra is a totally necessary splurge. As much as I love the homemade stuff, it has a creamy goodness that can't be beat. I'm also loving all of your dried fruit goodies... I haven't had dried papaya in so long!

    Also, YES, we need to make a date ASAP... in a couple weeks when I get back? I can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That avocado/veggie cheese sammie is sounding really delicious!

    Those snacker hummus tubs are too cute! I love my sabra, but I'm also a sucker for snack sized things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That fruit platter looks delish, there's nothing better than fresh fruit and veggies :). I really want to try those Kombucha drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your salads always look so good! Mine end up huge as well by the time I add all the oh-so-necessary bits and bobs! I finally got to replenish my hummus supply...been TOO long!

    Hope the weather is better today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your breakfast fruit looks SO delicious! I love fresh simple fruit :o)

    We had gorgeous perfect weather all week while I was at work, and now it is *finally* Saturday, and it is raining! Grrr. I feel your frustration! I was planning on spending the day outside...no fair.

    More kombucha! Oh no...I hope it was good :o)

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful fruit plate! YUM!


    Be careful...those sesame sticks are ADDDDDICTING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like Oprah, but sometimes she annoys me. Well to be specific it's the Best Life Diet that annoys me! So, I want to read that asap.

    ReplyDelete