Saturday, June 6, 2009

Enough salads already

Up at 5.  Out the door in under 30.  Not a record, but not too shabby either.

I got to downtown way earlier than usual, so the bucks wasn’t open yet (eek!)…good thing I had Bruno’s to the rescue.  I’ve raved before, so my love for this tiny place is no secret, a small steamy coffee turned that frown upside down :)

IMG_2846

Here’s my latest read.  I heart David Sedaris!  Makes the loss of express trains on the weekends somewhat tolerable. 

I managed to avoid the local trains today, so all was good.

IMG_2845

Anyways, I enjoyed the above pre-packed eats throughout the day.

Cookies ‘n Cream LUNA = soooooo good!  This was the first Luna bar that I have been satisfied with!

IMG00176

One side was coated in white frosting, and the other side was chocolate crispy bar drizzled in more frosting.  Yes please!

I would DEF buy this one again, and it held me over nicely until lunch time.

IMG00174

I had a big ‘ol java over ice, too…while reading, eating, and people watching at Bruno’s.  My lunch salad was great and all, but I think I’ve had my fill of greens for a while.

I had TONS of psycho patients today.  It wasn’t too bad, though, because even though I wanted to pull my hair out at times, I wasn’t very busy, so it was also on the amusing side.  BTW, when I say “psycho” patients, I really mean it.  They had serious neurological issues (which means I’m not a bad person for talking crap about them, ok).

On the way home from work, I did a naughty thing…

IMG00173

Who knows what the people on the subway thought of me taking a pic of my Kombucha in my lap.  After I snapped the photo, I proceeded to open the drink, at which point it exploded all over me.  My paper thin scrubs were NO help whatsoever…and yet, all I could think of was how I lost $1 worth of my precious drink!!!!

I was ready for dinner when I got home, so I was happy that I had some food already prepared. 

Quinoa, chickpeas, and a heapin’ spoonful of sabra LOVE.

IMG_2849

In order to avoid beige overload, I added in some shredded carrots.

IMG_2850

Yeahhhh boiiiiiiiiiiii…

Obviously, this only fueled my stomach the beast more.  Enter course two. 

IMG_2827

Philly cheese steak.  Strike that.  Toasty, melty veggie slices with seitan – that’s more like it   :)

IMG_2828

How could I ignore my sweet tooth on the late night?  I couldn’t decide between two desserts, so I had both!

IMG_2830

First, sliced apples, pears, and strawbz.

Second, Fig Newman's with peanut butter.

IMG_2714IMG_2712

Is it totally ridiculous that I made a sammie with cookies and PB?!

Don’t worry, I already know the answer to this one.

Holy crap you’re hot!  Thanks for the shout out It’s A Wrap, clearly all my sassy blogger buddies deserve this, how could I choose!

20 comments:

  1. Oh, come now. There's no such thing as too much salad :)

    Happy Saturday, Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG my love..i share an EXTREME love for David Sedaris. Have u read Augusten Burroughs- equally hilarious and amazing. YEEA BOI, hahaha i love saying that out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... how much do I love that you made a PB - Fig Newton sandwich? And spilling Kombucha that you just photographed on the subway is pretty normal compared to some things I have seen on there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm fig newtons with pb.. sounds brilliant!! and too much salad!?! never!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poor Kombucha! I saw a bottle of German Kombucha at a dollar store yesterday... I think I have to go back and get it.

    LOVE David Sedaris, too... there's one story in Me Talk Pretty... that ALWAYS cracks me up (about studying French in France) and I laughed SO HARD on the subway once. Pretty embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one David Sedaris book, "Naked," but I just can't get into it! Should I power through it a little more? Have you read that one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost bought that book yesterday but I got the book 'Stiff' instead because I'm morbid apparently ;) It's good so far though, have you read it? It's about cadavers! Hahah that sounds so creepy!

    There's so much proteiny goodness in that quinoa dish it blows my mind. Oh shit son, I'm going to do the Newman's with PB2 today - that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fig Newtons & pb- what an awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love David Sedaris! He is so freaking hilarious! Have you ever listened to him on CD? I have his "Me Talk Pretty One Day" on CD, and it is about 10x funnier hearing him read it than just reading it in the book...I have literally been running while listening to it and had to stop because I was laughing too hard. Yeah--I got some strange looks that time :o)

    Your seitan cheese sandwich looks sooooo drool-worthy...yum!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that sandwich was a brilliant idea!!

    I'm tired of salads too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. tired of salads? blasphemy! I love Bruno's too- though Starbucks will always remain numero uno in my world.

    what kind of veggie cheese do you use? Mine never melts!

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both David Sedaris and Augusten Burroughs are genius..."When You Are Engulfed In Flames" is a bit darker than the earlier stuff, but still a great read!

    Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go make a huge salad with everything in my fridge from the market yesterday. Not over them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get outta hereeee....I was up at 5 (10) and out the door in less than 30 (for work, yesterday) too!!!!!!

    I gotta try sandwiching pb between 2 fig newman's....what a GENIUS idea Elise! And yeaaa BOI, that "philly cheese stake" looks way too good to be REAL.....I NEED to make it soon. Wow, sorry for all the intense caps lock!

    ps- apparently, I gotta buy this book! Everyone is raving about it in the comments section! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're great! I've been looking through your archive and your meals look yummy and delicious :)
    But can I ask you how do you prepare oatmeals? Because yours looks terribly good and mine look like sh*t, and there must be something I'm doing with portions, I think...
    Thank you for your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. McLovin the FigMac girl!

    hope you enjoyed the gorrgeous weather of today and had a chance to pick up more goodies for salads haha

    long live salad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love yo salads and love yo spoon of Sabra. I always purposely take out the fattest spoon in my kitchen to scoop out the humdaddy. Tha bigga tha betta.

    Cookies n cream luna bar is SO GOOD. I love the lemonzest one, the white chocolate macadamia one, and carmel chocolate nut one. They my favs.

    I am hungover and writing this and can't think of many clever things to say in this comment so I will just end it with..

    lovas youuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh is that the trilogy flavor of kombucha? Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry about your spilled Kombucha :(. On the bright side, that Fig Newton and PB combo looks great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry, made a spelling mistake! And I forgot to tell you where I'm from, so, re-post:
    Thank you very much!! I was frustrated, because I really want to love oatmeal, but I think the problem I got is that I don't put enough toppings or sugar, and taste horribly! But I just can't wait to cook em like you told me :)
    I'm from Spain, I live in the best city in the world, Madrid (although I'm sooo jealous of you living in NYC - I've been reading you for a long long time). And I really love your blog, it's being a great inspiration to me, that I'm boarding on a healthier way of life as a grown girl that cannot live basing on pizza and pasta all day long :D

    By the way, I've read you lived in Barcelona - I was born there, and lived in for seven years. I love it!

    ReplyDelete