Friday, December 26, 2008

packing, shopping, and going HOME!!!

Coffee #1 frothy soy misto.

Coffee #2 lactaid-y latte.

Everything in moderation, right?

Originally I was supposed to work today, but after the past 2 beyond boring days, I knew they could do without me, so I switched shifts and now I can do all my random errands before I go home (rather than waste precious time with the fam (finally) doing my x-mas shopping). I have been so anxious to get home!!! I really miss my family back in sunny CA. Even though I now have to work on the 1st, sleeping in today ALONE was worth it. Plus, New Years is time and a half - hey, extra $$ isn't bad either!

After my coffee, I headed out to get my family x-mas shopping done. I have never been so behind in my holiday gift buying! Fortunately, the after-christmas sales were def working in my favor, and having a plan when I set out, kept the trip efficient. In & out with the perfect gifts in an hour flat. That's my kind of shopping!

I was craving cereal, so on my way home I went to a different health foods store for some groceries. Carrying cereal in the apartment is a dangerous move, so whenever I want it, I head to this particular store because they have cereal in bins, so I can only get what I want, thus avoiding eating an entire box.

Genious!! I mixed together multigrain o's, bran flakes, peanut butter puffins, multigrain chex, rice and bran puffs, and these cute little stars that I had never seen before.

Silkified bowl of cereal, to which I also added some cinnamon and raisins (which all sunk to the bottom to hide from the camera).

Later on I snacked on soy yog. I finally managed to get my hands on the chocolate O'soy flavor. Why are these yogurts never in stock? Stonyfield?!?
I went to the gym in the afternoon and did a mega workout. Feels SO good. I started with 40 minutes on the elliptical (levels 12-14) then switched to the tread mill (30 minutes). After that I went to the mat to stretch and do abs/arms, followed by a cool down on the elliptical for 5 mins. Sweaty times.
Cleaning, packing, cleaning, packing.
Dinner: I needed an Ezekiel english muffin. Yes, needed.

Toasted and hummus-ed, plus a GN veggie burger.

It was difficult to eat because of how thick it was. Don't get me wrong, that statement was not a complaint, merely an observation. I love stuffing my face :)


I used the carrots and celery to slather on hummus between each bite of the veggie burger. Oh Sabra, how I love thee...

I finished the rest of these veggies with the hummus.

Round 1 (rounds 2, 3, and 4 are not pictured)

Dessert(s)

Raisins and dates.

Going home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Like, every food in this post is my fave. Let's get together and stuff our faces with Ezeks, hummus, and dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...im totally down! btw i def just ordered those dried kiwis online...SO excited!!

    ReplyDelete