Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First day of snow!

I woke up to flurries, and the weather only picked up from there. It was nice to sip hot coffee inside, wrapped in blankets, while the snow fell outside. I only like snow when I don’t have to leave the house though, so I think I’ll be over it pretty quickly since I have work tomorrow.
With my AM coffee, I had a handful of dates, they were SUPER soft and chewy – the way I like them best.

Look at the snow! It's hard to tell how much it was actually snowing from the pics, since I'm not a whiz with the camera. In fact it's Kyle's camera, so I was just glad I managed to figure out how to turn the flash off.

Maybe I'll have my first white christmas this year?

Brrr...
Lunch. Veggie "chicken" spread.

I mixed it with some ff chobani...

Then I sliced up an apple to dip in the greek yog/"chicken" spread mixture.

It was good, in fact great, but it didn't fill me up, so I had some more spread layered on a piece of A street bread. I looooove this spread.

Still hungry, so I made up another slice (this time finishing off the spread). Mmmm...

After lunch I was full and ready to brave the storm. As I walked to the gym, I practically turned into an icicle!! IT. WAS. FREEZING. Looks like my days of outdoor running are over!


At the gym, I was kinda in a lazy mood. I really wasn't too motivated, so I turned on the t.v. and zoned out for a not-so-intense elliptical workout. Good thing ellen was on so the time flew by...I did do an above average (for me) arm work out, followed by a sub-par ab work out, and a lot of stretching. Ah well. No gym tomorrow, so at least I can rest and my muscles can get a break for a few days.

I was starving after the gym, so I heated up a bowl of creamy butternut squash soup, which I then spilled.

Since I was a klutz, I was left with only half the bowl (post spill), so I also snacked on some soy nuts. Man do I love salt.

For dinner I had "Health is Wealth" vegan nuggets. L-A-Z-Y!!

Here's my full spread. Yes, that's regular bbq sauce, HFCS and all. I'm pretty sure the carrots make up for it, though, right?

I didn't wait long for dessert. This choc sorbet was an obvious choice. I had a third of the container and then got mad at myself for eating without designating a set portion (a BIG no-no).

So then I scooped the rest of my dessert into a glass. In total, I think I had half the carton? While I'm annoyed that I didn't eat dessert very mindfully, I'm glad that I realized it and corrected the situation before it got out of hand (a problem I'm definitely not a stranger to).

Hello sugar high.

2 comments:

  1. That company makes the YUMMIEST Tofu Salad Pita Pockets EVER! Mmmm my local health food store carries them and I'm IN LOVE! :) And SO LOW CAL! Hello, like 150?! :) (Love!)

    And those Chik'n Nuggets look delish! I haven't had Nuggets in SO long... So nostalgic! It's been TOO long, in fact! Maybe I'll purchase tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Inspiration, by the way! XO

    ReplyDelete