Wednesday, December 3, 2008

gimme gimme (more)

I actually woke up with a hop in my step today - how weird is that? At 5 am?! On a work day?! That's not even normal for a morning person...let alone me. I think it's because I wanted to be over my cold SOOO badly, I was trying to will it to happen.


I felt a little better, still way sick, but at least I could walk to work without getting out of breath.


I had a glass of tea before I left (this NEW kind). Green tea with acai and pomegranate...so good. Hopefully, it's going to help me fight off this cold, too.

For lunch (which I pack the night before) I had a Gary Null's veggie burger with organic alfalfa sprouts, tomato, lettuce, and veganaise...all on a sesame seed bun.
The burger was super good. I love GN's veggie burgers on their own, so I knew I'd like them with a big sesame roll and vegetables (and gobs of veganaise). Here's something I'm not so proud to admit...when we were in Europe, I realized that I maybe, kinda, sorta like mayo (gasp). My typical diet does not include such fatty condiments (cholesterol is a no-no) and yet, both the french and spanish cuisine are big fans of rich and decadent food - DEF heavy in the mayo department! So, since I made a pact with myself to enjoy the food in Europe without guilt, it only took a few seconds to get over the initial eek of the mayo.

Next thing I know, I'm digging the mayo! (hence the mayo loaded veggie burger for lunch). The rest of my lunch: apple and raisins

PM snack: superfood odwalla bar

Dinner!

I had to satisfy my sushi craving...texturized protein with carrots and other veggies (but clearly one roll is not going to fill me up) so I also made a dinner sando with "turkey" salad (plus bunches of veganaise)...

Sandwich close up:

Alvarado Street bread is so good. I'm hooked. I was still a little hungry, so I had one more open faced piece of bread with the fake turkey spread. I'm a bottomless pit, I swear. Always wanting more.
A bit later I was in the mood for a little something sweet, so I had a handful of dates (actually I had twice the amount shown).

2 comments:

  1. please laura! while i'm flattered that you think i have that kind of skill in the vegan kitchen, i clearly bought that...i can't be quite so crafty on days i work. maybe soon?

    ReplyDelete