Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FAT tuesday

You may notice something different about the start to my day…no coffee?!?  Kyle and I were trying hard to stomach the rest of the bag of our most recent Starbucks blend (extra bold Gold Coast)…but there is a time and place for being green.  And suffering through bad coffee is NOT a compromise I’m willing to make.  We got this bag a few days ago, and neither of us have been finishing our AM java since, so what’s the point?  Instead of feeling guilty over wasted grounds, I opted for a warm cup of tea instead.

IMG_0838 

With a dollop of silk, just for morning consistency.

IMG_0956

Without coffee to give me a good kick in the arse, I made some oats (Bob’s Red Mill) and added a heaping spoon of IM Healthy soynut love.  NOM!!  Warm.  Silky.  Sweet.  Salty.  Nutty.  Heavenly.

IMG_0937

I snacked on figs + carob covered raisins while reading.

Then for lunch I had a recent fave.

IMG_0904

GN veggie burger on an english muffin with avocado and greek yogurt.  Massive burger much?  The muffin looks like a hat on top.

IMG_0905

A-maz-ING.  Plus the obligatory dried fruit platter.

IMG_0910

And a papaya spear on my way out the door.

IMG_0762

I had an ACLS recertification course (ugh) so I decided to take my camera and snap photos on the way there.

IMG_0974

IMG_0975 IMG_0978

IMG_0977

IMG_0973 IMG_0976

IMG_0980 

 IMG_0990 IMG_0985

IMG_0991

Not too shabby, right?  Anyways, now that you’ve seen my hood, back to my eats.

By the time I got out of that damn class it was already 8:45 so there was no time to mess around.  My stomach wanted food, like yesterday, so I stopped at WF for some hot bar action.

IMG_1001

(picture this x 5)

IMG_1002

Plate 1: baked tofu, soba noodles, edamame salad

IMG_1003

Plate 2: more of the above plus seitan

IMG_0950

Dessert: 3 flattened coconut date rolls and an extremely generous portion of carob raisins

**to answer a few Q’s I’ve been getting…when I make seitan, the brand I use is West Soy’s traditionally seasoned seitan (in a blue box).  It’s easy peasy, guys, TRY it!!

In giveaway news: If you want to get your hands on the MUCH discussed PB2, check out Love Of Oats for her blogiversary contest.

10 comments:

  1. Lovin' that fat burger and WF goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm afraid I'm not green enough to still still drink/eat something I don't like just so as not to waste it :s

    Lovin' the looks of that veggie burger ... it looks so GOOD on those wonderful Ezekiel enlgish muffins!

    Hope you Wednesday is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH wow, can I have that burger? YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - thanks for answering out seitan question! I'm going to pick some up when I'm in Dallas :)
    Yes, that muffin does look like a hat - a top hat really. I was expecting it to have a little cane and dance a jig. God, I'm a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin the NY pictures! That burger looks great! So big and fat!! Now I need to go to whole foods too! Major craving after seeing your salad bar plate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYC looks so fun and hip! I'm jealous! And i seriously love those little granule-y sprinklings on English muffins, the little things in life :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. burger looks amazing!

    also, love the photos-- oh how i miss the n-y-c!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MUST HAVE THAT BURGER! What brand is GN?

    Lovely hood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a burger for rull!
    I'm kinda dying with the dried fruit. I've banned it from my house and I think I'm about to break down thanks to you. :)
    Nice hood. Incredible. God, I really live in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That burger is large and in charge - love it! Thanks for the NY pictures, it's one of my many places that I want to travel to!

    Oh coffee - when it's good, it's good and when it's bad, it's REALLY bad!

    ReplyDelete