Monday, February 9, 2009

Does washing dishes count?

As exercise?  Because that’s the only physical activity I did all day.  No I’m only kidding, but it was a pretty mellow day, fitness wise.  I’m still pretty sore, but that’s not really a good excuse because my legs are fine, it’s just my back/neck that’s the issue.

P1000785

I started the day with some silky coffee, obvi.  I told you I was lazy – I couldn’t even muster up the energy to make froth!

IMG_0303

Brekkie “quesadilla” with soynut butter and chopped up dates.  I was inspired by Erin’s wrap :)

IMG_0330

Plus a few more dates on the side.

Dates + nut butter = HEAVEN

For lunch I put together a bomb ass sando (GN veggie burger with greek yog on an english muffin)…on the side I had the curry sweet potatoes leftover from last week.

IMG_0706

This hit the SPOT!  Lovin’ the curry :)

After I had some time to digest, I headed to the gym for a mediocre workout.  I was not feelin’ it AT ALL.  Blah.  Anyways, I did a bit of errands on the way home (lugging groceries back to the apt was probably more exercise than I got at the gym).  

IMG_0713

Post gym snackeroos: coconut date rolls (4ish total)

Then I continued cooking and baking – food preppin’ for the week, yo!

IMG_0707

For a while now I’ve been meaning to make some non-meat “meatballs” so last time I was at TJs I picked up this package of LightLife vegan ground “sausage.”  Upon opening it, I was a little nervous (it looks like something that might come out of some of my patients).

IMG_0708

Fortunately, I got over it once I started rolling it into little balls with some steamed spinach.

IMG_0710

IMG_0711

“Meatballs” (above) pre-oven, (below) after 30 minutes baking

IMG_0712

I popped one in my mouth just to test…and, YUM!  These were really good, a little on the chewy side, but definitely a product I’ll get again.  Keep in mind, I don’t think I’ve ever actually had a real meatball, so my basis for comparison is not what others’ might be, but I really liked this fake sausage.

IMG_0715

There were 12 in total – aren’t they just the most perfect looking balls, browned to perfection with a little golden crisp from being baked in the oven.

IMG_0718

For dinner I made several bowls of spaghetti with “meatballs” vegan style with shirataki noodles and my hot-out-of-the-oven balls (wink wink). 

IMG_0719

IMG_0720

IMG_0721

Yes, I polished off ALL 12 meatballs!!!  (Insert all “taking in a lot of meat”/”that’s what she said” jokes here)

Oh, and going with the Italian themed dinner, I made a non-vegan lasag for my K love.

IMG_0722

Dessert was an easy choice – I’ve missed my dried figs!!!  I had 6 papaya spears and 10 figs…you kids are lucky I even managed to snap a photo of these before I downed them all!!

IMG_0664 

And a WHOLE lotta my fave tea :)

IMG_0589

In terms of beverages, I am totally addicted to tea…it’s not a completely recent thing, but lately I have found myself pounding it down (granted I stick to non-caffeinated teas, so I’m not buzzing out of my mind).  What are other peeps’ favorite drinks? I don’t drink soda, and I like juice, but I drink it SO much all day at work, that I never want it when I’m home.  Other than tea, I like getting the propel powder packets because it’s very GREEN (and let’s face it, I embrace being a hippie)…I just add those to water usually after I get home from the gym (no bottles required).  For those who have tried POM, what’s it like?  It’s so $$$, so I’ve never bought it for myself.  Just looking for something new, ya know?

10 comments:

  1. oh those look oh so good! I have been reading your blog for a bit now and love what I have read so far! Your blog is so cute! though the hippo is a little scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried about your meatballs with your initial description of the "meat," but they look great.

    And, I read about your issue with no Starbucks in Vt. I never noticed that, but I know they make up for it with Ben & Jerrys everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea! I love it ... very much!

    And those "meatballs" look so good!! (and perfectly round, I might add;) nice job!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything looks so good! I looked for papaya spears when I went to the int'l food market this past weekend, but couldn't find any. Instead I bought a whole papaya, cubed it, and kept some in the fridge to snack on and froze the rest to use in smoothies. I'm also a new fan of dried figs- got a few in my lunch bag today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite drinks are water, green tea, and COFFEE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dishwashing totally counts. Although you might want to do it a lot to make sure you are ready for the race in april :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the breakfast 'dilla!!

    Haha love your description of the "meat"

    My drink of choice: boring but it's water

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the meatballs! I need to try figs and nut butter too! I just got tons of figs over the weekend!! My favorite drinks are water, fuze, and rum hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are nice looking sausage balls!

    i say anything that gets you moving is exercise ;)

    ReplyDelete