Monday, April 13, 2009

tuesday

Finally, a day off of work…time to get the apartment set up!

Picture 031

After I got back from errands, I made a big lunch.  A pseudo BLT (soy bacon, spinach, and hummus)…ok, so it was a BLH.  I used Lightlife soy bacon and Sabra hummus (obvi) on my fave, Alvarado street bread.

Picture 032

Looks delish, huh!!!

Picture 033

I cleaned the apartment while snacking chowing down some dried fruit.

IMG_0886

I was a bit of a slacker, and really wasn’t feeling the gym, but I dragged myself there (my goal is to not come in last in April’s half marathon).  It ended up not being a total waste, and I got in some decent cardio and arm stuff.

Picture 021

I snacked on frozen green grapes while prepping (aka chopping).

IMG_0885

It doesn’t get any better than the “big salad.”  In this massive bowl was: stupid romaine lettuce (nutritional value = blah), soy-tein with spinach, and some de-thawed frozen veggies (I was in a rush), and brocc slaw.

IMG_0914 IMG_0939

Not too shabby, but I needed more carbs, so I had 2 slices of Alvarado street bread with Sabra hummus on the side.

Picture 013 

I also had gotten myself a treat for dessert.  A slice of vegan vanilla/coconut (tofu) “cheesecake.”

Picture 034

Get ready for a montage…

Picture 035

Half way through…I added some berries, too.

Picture 045 Picture 044

Oops!  Where did this one come from?  I guess I had more figs, too…although I don’t remember this, so I don’t think it counts.

IMG_1177

How often are you surprised by things you forgot you ate when you are loading your pics onto your computer?

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha quite often I forget that I ate certain things!
    But oh wow, that sandwich is making me drool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that cake looks scrumptuous! Thanks for the montage to distract me from studying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you had sunflower kicthen hummus!??? i highly reccomend <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh I love fake blts!!! but blh sounds good too, i'll have to try that!
    What kind of figs are those exactly, by the way?! I always want your dried fruit, but when I see all the fig selections at the store I get nervous because I don't want to get the wrong one...I want whatever I see on here!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh romaine - why must it be so crunchy but nutritionally equal to water! BLH I LIKE!! Well, anything with hummus has to be good!

    Gorgeous cheesecake, honestly. I'm in love.

    I'm not surprised that often but sometimes I'll be like - I had THAT as a snack?! Again?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. jess - i totally know what you mean, when i first went to buy dried figs i looked at all the brands and types and got so overwhelmed...i generally get calimyrna figs, and i get them out of the bins, so i dont have one brand im too attached to. let me know what you get and what you think...

    devan - sunflower kitchen? never seen it, but ill keep my eyes out. sincei consider myself quite the hummus connoisseur!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not tried the Lightlife soy bacon...is it any good? I have had their deli slices and enjoyed them, but not the bacon...

    I love big salads--I am eating one as I read your blog! At least romaine is better than iceberg, and you had lots of other veggies in there to make up for it :o)

    Good luck with getting settled in the new place!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. that cheesecake looks SO good :)

    ReplyDelete