Saturday, April 11, 2009

almost back to normal

I woke up insanely early this morning considering I rarely eat brekkie at the apartment on work days.  But, hey, I like to color outside the lines.  Watch out!

Coffeeeeeeee!!

IMG_1162

If you add a gallon of soymilk, it doesn’t really stain your teeth, right?  Sure, Elise, whatever helps you sleep at night…

I was feeling nearly 100% (thank goodness) so I had a quick bite (Alvarado street bread toasted with Earth Balance spread) and then I was off to work…

IMG_0299

Look at all the Odwalla bars my mom sent me home with!!!  She knows how much I love these babies, so she packed up a case of them.  Isn’t she the BEST!!  Thanks mom!

IMG_1447

I never leave home without one with me.  As Phoebe says “always be prepared” – it just makes good sense!

Work was work.  Whatever.  I had packed my lunch the night before.  It looks like a subway commercial it’s so textbook “healthy.”

IMG_1787

Sammie: lettuce, tomato, smart deli “turkey” and honey mustard on Alvarado street bread

IMG_1788

Apple, carrots, oatmeal raisins cookie odwalla bar.

I got home to a semi-controlled chaos.  At least dinner was on the stove (Kyle’s mom knows the key to my heart)…so I tried to ignore the mess in the apartment, and focus on the good: such as the fact that our bed and couch miraculously fit through the doorway (and I wasn’t involved in the process to force it to do so).

Dinner was an interesting one.  As a tofu virgin, Kyle’s mom was a bit nervous to prepare a dish for me.  I had to relinquish control (difficult would be an understatement) because it just wasn’t worth it.  Chicken broth!  Ick.  I could have died.  I think my tofu was right next to their chicken, too.  They may have touched.  Ew. 

No photos because they don’t know about the blog.  Sorry kiddos.  I DO have the recipe though:

Chicken Monterey

  • 4 boneless chicken breasts (plus tofu for me)
  • onion
  • 4 carrots
  • garlic
  • chicken broth - 2 cans
  • orange juice
  • canned tomatoes (diced)
  • rosemary
  • red bell pepper
  • zucchini
  • yellow squash
  • white rice

Please note the ingreds I would drop dead before using probably not choose: white rice, chicken broth, and OJ (not my faves)

Still it was good and I didn’t have to make it. 

IMG_1776

I had several handfuls of these while getting organized for work tomorrow (which is hard to do when you can’t remember which apartment your things are in).

5 comments:

  1. I totally love your scrumptious eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of your mom to stock you with Odwallas! "Always be prepared" is my life's mantra!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soymilk or no soymilk, coffee just doesn't stain your teeth - it's an urban legend ;) Love the bread and buttah!

    Aw the dinner...it's the thought that counts?! Glad you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They may have touched. Haha. I know the feeling though.

    ReplyDelete