Saturday, March 7, 2009

computer stress/food mess/gym success

You would never know how productive today was if you tracked me with a GPS (I was literally in the same square foot in my apartment for 99% of the day)…hunched over the computer BEGGING it to cooperate with me.

IMG_1113

I got up nice an early, even though I had today OFF from work :) 

I was thrilled beyond belief to get some extra rest all my errands done.  Seriously, I had frothy coffee and soynut butter oats and then got crackin’…

IMG_0961

Oh, and soynut butter is ridiculously good, btw. 

IMG_1244

This was my dayRestoring, rebooting, reloading (and then repeating).  I had to restore my HP laptop back to factory settings, so I’m music/photo-less :(

Literally, I was doing this for hours and hours and hours…waiting for one computer to start working, while browsing Google Reader at a snails pace on Kyle’s old comp.  Thank goodness for all your fun blogs to keep me entertained when all I really wanted to do was curl up into a ball and die (?) throw my computer out the window (?) say eff you to the geek squad for not doing a darn thing (?) get my laptop back!!

IMG_0270

I finally “made” something for lunch.  Amy’s has got it goin’ on!!!  I am always nervous with frozen meals, but these products are always good, so I wasn’t that worried.  It didn’t disappoint.  The hash browns weren’t soggy and the tofu scramble was flavorful without tasting like MSG fried with salt.  There were a few weak tomatoes on the side that I threw out and sliced my own to add some fresh-ness to the meal (really the only contribution I made). 

IMG_1163

I will definitely get this one again!

I ordered Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride the other day, but in the meantime I bought this one…we’ll see if it holds me over?

IMG_0907  

Oh, and that’s Kyle’s hand – hehe, not mine!  (I bought the box a while ago)

IMG_0946

It was meh.  Stronger than I wanted it to be, so maybe I’ll take the tea bag out sooner next time, but still, I just want my SCSR back!!

IMG_1245

Later in the afternoon I needed some sugar (natural of course)…I may be changing up the routine though after reading Bender’s latest post (or just examining it closer). 

Picture 001

I mixed the soy yog and fresh fruit (melon and frozen grapes) all up.

***Attention: I finally made it to the gym!!!  It has officially been 7 days since my last visit (a FULL WEEK)!  Holy crap.  That’s SO not like me.  I really wanted to make it count, too, since I have a half marathon in April (that I don’t wanna SUCK at).

I started slow, jogging on the tread mill, and then picked up the pace. After 30 mins I stopped for a big stretch break and then hit up the elliptical for an hour, followed by more stretching and abs and arms on the mat.  I was pretty proud of myself.  Hopefully I won’t be a crippled mess tomorrow!!

I wanted food as I walked in the door…

IMG_0920

Apple and plate of dried fruit goodies (coconut date roll, carob raisins, dates)…do I even need to explain this anymore?  I’m seriously in a dried fruit rut.  Is this too much sugar?  I have no concept of a normal person’s requirements, and how much I am getting, and how much I should be getting, etc. 

IMG_0953

Shower, errands, yadda yadda, more computer stuff.

Dinner appetizers while watching TV (lent approved since it was after 5 pm): Sabra hummus with EVERY carb I could get my hands on in the apartment

IMG_1180

Ritz and pretz (goes really well with America’s Next Top Model)

IMG_1051

After my carb-tastic pre-dinner apps, I was in the mood for greens.

IMG_1191

Look at the steam coming off the green bizzles!  Fresh produce is hard to beat…

IMG_1196

Add in some seitan (hot off the skillet), hummus, and MORE veggies, and that, my friends, is what I call, DINNER!!

IMG_1189

I told you, this dried fruit b’ness is a PROBLEM!

IMG_0889 

Awww…such a cute lil’ bite.  These babies were made for each other (to be stuffed).

IMG_1161 

Haha, and you thought I was done!!

IMG_0930

No day is complete without figs.

I skyped with Kyle on the late night…he was at the airport in Shanghai, and will get home (after his 14 hour flight) tomorrow night!!!  I’m ecstatic.

8 comments:

  1. Haha I think you need to join Dried Fruit Lovers Anonymous ;-) No worries, girl - just enjoy!!

    Sorry about all the computer issues!! Boo to all that.

    Hooray for seeing Kyle soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your computer woes are over now ... it always stinks to loose all your music and everything!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your day was so stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your computer issues are sorted out! Sorry that was such a headache :(

    Your multi-course dinner is simply fabulous! Want to come cook for me?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those figs look like little seashells!
    hope you and your computer reconcile! feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to hear about your computer issues- sucks! technology is wonderful- when it WORKS!

    don't worry about the sugar in fruit- seriously, how bad can fruit be? it's all good and looks delicious!

    I love Amy's too- that meal was my first tofu experience in something other than the "chicken" salad and I loved it (though did the same thing with the tomatoes!) The teriyaki tofu rice bowl is good too!

    have a great Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha WHO KNEW you like soy nut butter!?? ;D I think you're good wit the dried fruit- i personally can't hang with the bloated ness but hey- you could be pounding tubs of ice cream..soo you're good right?? I hope you're computer hangs in there, sometimes I wish we lived in like 1848.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, computer issues! Sorry to hear about them! But oh wow, what a tasty day. Now I need figs! -lol-

    ReplyDelete